Monday, January 14, 2008

Petit Chat..

I love Juliet. Juliet is the new kitten to be adopted at my local vet clinic. She met me at the door and introduced herself, purring her little heart out and nestled into my arms like she had done it a thousand times.

Are we really sure the purring is coming from the kitty and not from our very own hearts? ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche, translated

Then she took me on a tour of her home...showed me where all the good-bugs-to-chase-lived...

There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten. ~Jules Champfleury

...Where you can catch the morning sun; even though she explained it was afternoon now and I had missed the best part of the day..

There has never been a cat
Who couldn't calm me down
By walking slowly
Past my chair.
~Rod McKuen

...Where to hide and pounce on people walking in and out of the door..

Everything I know I learned from my cat: When you're hungry, eat. When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet's, pee on your owner. ~Gary Smith

The best place to nap..

Do you see that kitten chasing so prettily her own tail? If you could look with her eyes, you might see her surrounded with hundreds of figures performing complex dramas, with tragic and comic issues, long conversations, many characters, many ups and downs of fate. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

...To hide...

A cat is a lion in a jungle of small bushes. ~Indian Proverb


..To watch the mudlarks across the yard..

She clawed her way into my heart and wouldn't let go. ~Missy Altijd


Oops..

An ordinary kitten will ask more questions than any five year old. ~Carl Van Vechten


I love Juliet very much.

A beating heart and an angel's soul, covered in fur. ~Lexie Saige

17 comments:

Claire said...

She is so sweet I am not 'cat' person but I think she might have changed me. I loved the Indian proverb so apt in so few words.
Juliet I could cuddle you oh what has she done will she melt other hearts? I am sure she will.

jmb said...

What a lovely post Pam. Neither am I a cat person, but who could help but fall in love with this little darling.

I am heartbroken to see that Janice has closed her blog and there will be no more combinations of your photos and her thoughts.

Anonymous said...

OMfreakin'G, is that kittums a cutie or what?!? Reminds me of one I had a zillion years ago. ("Woody", after Ron Wood.)

Laughed out loud (and I mean loud) at the "Oops". Now that's what I call comedic timing.

Thanks for the smiles.

meno said...

I am a TOTAL cat person, so you just made me squeal out loud.

Unknown said...

I had not thought of Rod McKuen in years. My college English teachers all hated him. I think they did not consider him much of a poet and could not stand that he was so commercially siccessful. Cute cat.

Cindy said...

Sounds like Juliet has turned you into a cat person. She sure is a cute one! Did you end up being the one who adopted her?

ivan said...

It must be hot in Australia now.

Nice cat, but she doesn't look like a cool cat.
Maybe her new home will have air conditioning.

Leslie: said...

Like kissa and jmb, I'm not really a cat person, but Juliet sure is cute!

Jo said...

Pam, Juliet is just delightful. I have never seen a cat who suited her name more! She is a petite little Juliet.

Jo said...

Pam, Juliet is just delightful. I have never seen a cat who suited her name more! She is a petite little Juliet.

Jo said...

I have no idea how that posted twice. Just lucky, I guess. heh

Cindy said...

Forgot to ask you the other day- how is young Mr.Zorba? He must be getting really big.

WithinWithout said...

This is such a beautifully written and presented offering, Pam, and the pictures are gorgeous...

So I guess the big question is: did you or will you adopt her? "I love Juliet very much."

Terrific. Uplifting. Heart-warming. Smiles. Thanks.

x said...

Lovely cat quotes and precious pictures.

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh she looks like a cat we had years ago, Phinium, name sorta after me favourite flower delphinium :)...

A stray cat has just moved in with us, he is about 10 years old as as ugly as sin, but he found us and we cant turn him away, and he seems fine with out other 2 cats and Janet and Mabel our chickens....

Cats aye, they creep into our heart and stay forever.....

x

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I'm in love. Utterly, totally, madly in love with Juliet.

Such a sweetie. I think I'm about to lapse into baby talk now.

Wonderful pictures and quotes!!

Maithri said...

This is just such a tender hearted post. I am so moved by it. Having had cats most of my life, I can feel your love for them... and in your beautiful pictures and perfectly placed comments and quotations... I was with my Roamer, and Simba, who have passed on now... but live in my heart as kittens watching the sun.

Thank you,

Light and peace, M